The ONE Campaign
|Organizations & people|
working to improve education systems
The ONE Campaign is an international not-for-profit organization founded by singer Bono and other activists. ONE has its headquarters in Washington, D.C. but also runs country offices in Canada, France, Germany, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, the UK as well as in Brussels for liaison with EU institutions.
Intended impact: The ONE Campaign is a global movement to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, especially in Africa.
Countries/areas where the organization is active:
- The ONE Campaign is active in the following donor countries for advocacy and campaigning activities with regards to official development assistance (ODA) and development cooperation: Canada, Germany, France, UK, USA and EU (Brussels)
- The ONE Campaign is active in the following African countries to impact change on the ground: Nigeria, South Africa (headquarters of ONE Africa team), Senegal
Partner/funder organizations: (RED) is a sister organization of the ONE Campaign, founded in 2006 to engage the private sector in the fight against AIDS.
Theory of change and its relation to education systems
The ONE Campaign uses advocacy and campaigning activities to mobilize a global movement to end extreme poverty. ONE's main policy areas are development finance, global health (incl. COVID response) and gender equality, other policy areas include education, agriculture and food security, and employment (based on the SDGs).
- Lost Potential Tracker, launched in 2021 in partnership with the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) and Save the Children. The tracker was created to "illustrate the urgency of the global learning crisis".
- The ONE Campaign. FAQs. https://www.one.org/international/about/faqs/
- The New York Times. 2021. Gayle Smith, who helped lead the U.S. response to Ebola, will run Biden’s vaccine diplomacy. 05 April 2021.https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/05/us/politics/gayle-smith-covid-vaccine.html
- The ONE Campaign. Leadership Teams.https://www.one.org/international/about/leadership/