Teach For All
|Organizations & people|
working to improve education systems
Teach For All is an international non-governmental organization founded in 2007 with a global team along with regional teams in Africa, the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East & North Africa.
Intended impact: "Teach For All is a network of 60 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization that works to accelerate the network's progress" toward their 2040 vision. Teach For All's 2040 vision imagines a world where "communities in every part of the world are enabling all of their children to have the education, support, and opportunity to shape a better future for themselves and all of us. These communities are inspiring and informing a worldwide movement to achieve this everywhere."
Countries/areas where the organization is active: Afghanistan, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Ghana, Haiti, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, The Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, The Gambia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vietnam, & Zimbabwe (Accurate as of July 2021).
Organization leader(s): Wendy Kopp, Co-founder & CEO; Brett Wigdortz, Co-founder (Accurate as of July 2021).
Partner/funder organizations: All 60 countries above have their own independent, locally run and funded "Teach For" organization. Teach For All is further supported by the BHP Foundation, Imaginable Futures, Scully Peretsman Foundation, Sheryl Sandberg and Dave Goldberg Family Fund, and Susan and Thomas Dunn among others.
Theory of change and its relation to education systems
Teach For All recognizes that children around the world do not have access to the education, support, and opportunities they deserve to thrive. Thus, Teach For All strives to create meaningful and sustainable change in education systems across the globe by "developing collective leadership to improve education and expand opportunity for all children, so they can shape a better future for themselves and the world around them."
Teach For All works to accomplish this mission by:
- Teach For All network organizations partner with communities committed to making educational change.
- Network organizations recruit their nation's most promising and diverse leaders to teach high-need children in these communities for at least two years.
- Network organizations provide support and professional development to their teachers, as well as other community members and local leaders to work toward educational equity.
- Network organizations work to cultivate leadership in their alumni and community members to continue improving student opportunities.
- Teach For All's global organization creates a platform for staff, teachers, alumni, and allies to connect and share solutions to accelerate progress toward educational equity.
- Through these programs and initiatives, Teach For All creates communities across the globe that work to provide children the education, support, and opportunity to thrive.
- Teach For All official website
- Teach For All collaboration opportunities
- Teach For All quarterly newsletter
- Teach For All blogs
- "About". Teach For All. 2017-09-03. Retrieved 2021-08-02. https://teachforall.org/about#27091
- "Network Partners". Teach For All. 2017-09-14. Retrieved 2021-08-02. https://teachforall.org/network-partners
- "Our People". Teach For All. 2017-08-16. Retrieved 2021-08-02. https://teachforall.org/our-people?reset=16348#staff
- "Supporters". Teach For All. 2017-09-18. Retrieved 2021-08-02. https://teachforall.org/supporters
- "What We Do". Teach For All. 2017-09-18. Retrieved 2021-08-02.https://teachforall.org/what-we-do#27531